Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Knitting and Reading




Ginny is hosting the Yarn Along again.  She is posting the first Wednesday of each month and I am happy to join in and am looking forward to seeing what others are knitting and reading.

I am knitting Emily a sweater, at her request.  She wanted it pink and purple and I am writing up the pattern as I go.  I already have some revisions for the next one.  The yarn is knit picks Wool of the Andes.

The second photo is of socks for Mike - it is a free pattern from Purl Soho.   I am using Westcountry Tweed Yarn from Blacker Yarns.    These are the first of my #HandmadeHoliday2018.

The last picture is my progress on the Sleepy Kitten from the no. 4 edition of Making.  I made a couple of mistakes already but I am also excited to have learned a new technique - as the legs, tail and arms are knit on - pretty neat.  The kitten is a Valentines Day gift for Emily.  The yarn is a new wool line from Knit Picks called Simply Wool Worsted and is described as an Eco Wool and all the colors are undyed.

Well we are expecting a snow storm today!  It will be nice as there really is very little snow on the ground. 

Warm wishes,
Tonya



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects! I love all of them but especially the sweater. Stay warm!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wool of the Andes! Great picks for colors. I'm going to have to read Making, I hear a lot of people talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't beat stripes in knitwear <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you back here, Tonya. While Instagram is wonderful on so many levels, I do love the slow-down and coziness of blogs. Funny to write that...I don't think I'd ever imagine saying that about blogworld. Life is speeding up and I just want to slow it all down. I do love that little sweater for Emily. The colours are so sweet together. And hello to snow! Have fun.
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a sweet little sweater and I love the colour of those socks. I hope you are enjoying the book, The Signature of All Things. I read it and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished The Signature of All Things and really enjoyed it too!

      Delete
  6. I am going to have to find Making, you are the second person I have read mention it the past couple of days! I am also enjoying your handmade holidays series. I would really like to get back to that for my own family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I LOVE the color combination in your socks.
    I keep hearing people refer to Making. I'm going to have to go search it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice variety of projects,
    sox are neat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to hear how you find the little knit kitty when you're done with it! I'm excited to see how much Iris likes the embroidered felt kitty I made for her March birthday. If she loves it, there may have to be more kitty toys, and I have that very issue of Making... Also, I greatly appreciate when you mention new blog posts on IG so I don't miss them. I have had to turn off all blog notifications by email so as not to distract myself endlessly, but then I forget to check... and I love reading your blog so much :) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let us know how you like the Elizabeth Gilbert book! I am always looking out for good reads. Have a great start of the week! xxx

    ReplyDelete