Friday, April 29, 2016

A Day in Our Life

Most days we meet at the table at 9:00 and talk, work, read aloud until about 11:00 when I prepare lunch.

As we learn and read, we try to find countries on the globe.

 This day Emily began to cut up some straws which we later strung to make necklaces.

While I am making lunch, Emmy asks me to put her hair in a ballerina bun, she puts on her Elsa dress and dances.
 
After lunch, I get outside to work around the homestead for a couple of hours - right now my work is preparing the garden.  By late afternoon, I generally spend a couple of hours on the business doing computer work, wood burning, and packaging.

During my work time, Mike usually works on some building projects and most everyone else is outside with him.
He just finished a little shelter for our Nigerian Dwarf buck and will start a fenced in area for him today so we can keep him separate from the girls for most of the year. 

Certain days of the week we have some other activities, such as an art/music class on Monday afternoon for Abraham and Sarah and homeschool gym time on Friday afternoons.  We try to not have to leave the house on Tuesday and Thursdays to minimize driving and to be more productive.

Warm wishes,
Tonya

5 comments:

  1. Love this post. A happy family living life together. I truly believe that if more families spent time together like this the world would be in a much better state. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your new place is starting to feel more and more like "home"! It looks beautiful there!
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful life Tonya, thanks for giving us a peek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family, Tonya! Was wondering if you are going to put the Instagram access on this site like it was on the other one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear from you! I was wondering how your move went. I don't comment much but am a long time reader and it is great to see that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete